Preparation - 1h 20min
Serves 8 to 10
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) of baking soda
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) The Olive Oil Co. Mild Intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 5 ml (. 1 1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs - 250 ml (1 cup) reduced mashed ripe bananas (approx. 3 bananas)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) greek yogurt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) walnuts (optional)
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 180°C (350°F).
- Butter a 8 in x 4 in loaf pan and line with parchment paper, leaving some overhang.
- Lightly butter parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil and brown sugar until smooth (without lumps).
- Add maple syrup and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and beat well until smooth.
- Stir in mashed bananas and Greek yogurt with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour while still stirring.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake in the oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a spaghetti noodle inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in the pan for about ten minutes.
- Pull on parchment paper overhang to remove loaf from pan.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into slices.