This recipe was taken from the Favuzzi website: https://www.favuzzi.com/en/recipe/one-pot-vegetarian-linguine
Preparation - 20 minutes
- 350 g (3/4 package) Favuzzi linguine **Available at The Olive Oil Co.**
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 1/2 courgette, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 500 mL (2 cups) water
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) Mild or Medium intensity UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely sliced basil leaves to finish (optional)
- In a pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the diced eggplant and zucchini and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the basil, cover and bring to the boil.
- Once mixture is boiling, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- The pasta should be al dente, i.e. still firm and slightly crunchy.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with sliced basil. Serve immediately.