- 3 lb Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut in to 2" chunks
- 2 tbsp. Baklouti Chili Pepper Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 lb Mozzarella Cheese cut in to 1/2" cubes
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp. finely minced Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- Fresh ground Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fine Bread Crumbs.
- For frying: Robust EVOO
Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Allow the potatoes to cool completely. Mash the cooled potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and add the garlic infused olive oil, Baklouti Chili Pepper olive oil, Parmesan, parsley, and one beaten egg. Mix thoroughly and set aside. Beat the remaining two eggs in a separate bowl, and add the bread crumbs to another bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the potato mixture in to a 2" oblong shape. Push a piece of mozzarella into the center of each oblong, and form the potato around it so that it is completely encased. Coat each croquette in egg, and then roll in bread crumbs to thoroughly coat. Set aside on the baking sheet. Heat 2" of Robust EVOO in a heavy frying pan over medium high heat. When a deep fry thermometer reaches 375 F, fry the croquettes in batches until deep golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Enjoy immediately.
Makes approximately 20 croquettes